As you know, Apple is set to release the official version of iOS 17 and Xcode 15 later this month. To ensure you stay up-to-date with these new releases, we have made significant updates to our Mastering SwiftUI book and its accompanying app projects.
The content of the book has been revised to align with Xcode 15 and iOS 17, including updated screenshots and source code. We have also expanded the book by adding over 10 new chapters. These new chapters provide comprehensive coverage of the latest SwiftUI APIs, such as SwiftData and TipKit, offering you the most up-to-date knowledge and insights.
SwiftData is a new framework to replace the Core Data framework. We have a full chapter to teach you the basics of this new framework. And, we also showed you how to apply SwiftData to handle persistent data by building the To-do demo app and the personal finance app.
The new version of SwiftUI further streamlines the creation of view animations by introducing PhaseAnimator and KeyframeAnimator. Even if you are new to SwiftUI animation, you can now easily build complex animations. We have a couple of new chapters to show you the implementation.
Our SwiftUI book caters to both beginners and intermediate developers who are eager to learn the ins and outs of the new SwiftUI framework. Each chapter in our book features a minimum of one simple project, allowing you to gain hands-on experience. By working on these projects, you will understand how to work with various types of UI elements and build interactive UIs, plus learn the new APIs coming with the latest version of SwiftUI.
Once you have grasped the fundamentals, you will delve into building a personal finance app using SwiftUI and Combine. All the projects and accompanying source code can be downloaded, serving as valuable references. Feel free to incorporate the code into your own projects—whether personal or commercial.
The SwiftUI Professional Package is getting better and better
Our SwiftUI book is available in three different packages: Basic, Starter, and Professional. The Basic and Starter packages already provide ample resources to help you learn SwiftUI effectively. However, if you aspire to become an iOS app development professional or an indie developer starting your own app business, we highly recommend the Professional package. This comprehensive package includes all of our Swift & SwiftUI ebooks, along with the following additional resources:
- MotionBar – offers a collection of beautifully designed tab bar views, each built with elegant animations and visual elements, all crafted using SwiftUI.
- Stable Diffusion Demo app – Learn how to build a Mac app for creating images from a text prompt using SwiftUI and Stable Diffusion.
- CMS app template – This app project is a generic CMS app that retrieves remote content from CMS backend.
- Photo app template – This app project shows you how to build a photo app using Unsplash APIs.
- Subscription app template – Want to keep track of your subscription spendings? This app template is designed for this purpose. We apply MVVM design pattern to build this app.
- RSS app template – The RSS app template (Xcode project) is an app skeleton that will help you build a Blog or RSS Reader app easily and quickly.
- iOS App Screenshot Design Guide
To celebrate this book update and the new year, you can use the discount code “xcode15” to receive an extra discount. You can click this link and pick one of the book package to enjoy the discount. Alternatively, you can use the direct links below:
As usual, all these packages include one year free update. I hope you enjoy this offer and the new SwiftUI book. This discount code is valid until 18 Sep 2023 (23:59 PST).
Thank you for your continued support!